If you drop your iPhone in a bathroom, toilet, kitchen sink or other location, read it before you throw your wet phone in the trash and go to the nearest store. We can help you bring your device back to life. So, how to repair water damaged iPhone?
If you drop your iPhone in a bathroom, toilet, kitchen sink or other location, read it before you throw your wet phone in the trash and go to the nearest store. We can help you bring your device back to life.
Let’s start with a quick list of what you should and shouldn’t do.
What to do when your iPhone falls into the water?
- Close it now.
- Remove the case to allow air to circulate.
- Remove accessories (headphones, card readers, etc.)
- Wipe off as much water as possible using a paper towel.
- Place in a warm, dry and humid place.
- Wait at least 48 hours before attempting to open again.
- If it starts working, back up your data immediately.
Finally, if you have dropped your phone in the ocean or any liquid containing particles, wash it thoroughly under the tap for several minutes. This may sound wrong, but salt completes the electrical circuits and parts may short-circuit.
Things You Shouldn’t Do When Your iPhone Falls In Water
- Do not connect to a wall outlet or computer.
- Don’t put it in the oven.
- Do not use a dryer.
- Don’t place on top of the radiator.
- Rice is not a drying agent. It could make the situation worse. Fine dust can get inside the phone.
- If your phone has only received a small amount of water, you do not want the water to enter the still dry areas. So don’t shake your phone.
- Don’t press the Home button.
Any of these steps can do more damage to your wet iPhone.
How to Remove Water from Your iPhone?
How to remove water from your phone when you drop it in water and how to repair water damaged iPhone?
It may sound wrong again, but it is very important that you do not dry your phone too quickly. Fast heating causes water to evaporate inside the phone. As soon as it emerges from the heat source, the water will condense inside your device and return.
You need to find a warm, dry place that is not damp. If your home has a warm and air dry area, it’s a good place to start. If it’s a hot day, you can leave it outside. Leaving your phone under a desk lamp is also a good choice.
In this article, we examined how to repair water damaged iPhone for you. Please contact us for more questions or comments.