iPhone screens consist of an LCD screen, touch panel, and front glass. These parts are stuck together. If the LCD screen is broken, the front glass and LCD screen should be replaced with a new one. This process is called iPhone screen replacement. iPhone screen repair can only be done by detaching the front glass. If you are wondering how to replace iPhone 6 screen, you should review our article.
The iPhone 6 screen breaks as a result of hitting any hard ground, applying involuntary prints, being subjected to impacts and often falling to the ground. In this case, the screen must be changed before the phone can be used.
One thing to be aware of when replacing your iPhone 6 screen is that the screen to be replaced consists of a full piece, the inner screen + front glass + touchpad + outer panel. Only when the front glass is replaced, the front glass will be disengaged in a short time and cause irreversible problems. Now let’s share with you the issues that need to be considered when replacing the iPhone 6 screen.
How Much to Replace iPhone 6 Screen?
Apple is demanding $129 to replace a broken iPhone 6S screen, while the iPhone 6S Plus screen is demanding $149 for the change if it is broken. You also need to pay $109 for an iPhone 6 screen that’s broken.
Does the iPhone warranty cover the cracked screen?
No. However, if you have a guarantee, Apple offers a new one-time model. This offered device is the same model and color as the old device, and you cannot buy different devices.
The most important issue is the guarantee after the iPhone 6 screen replacement. After replacing the screen, your phone must be supplied with the warranty card. So, how to replace iPhone 6 screen? After the iPhone 6 screen change, the information on your phone should not be erased.
In order to avoid the same problem after the screen replacement, your device should be delivered with a shatterproof glass protective gift. After changing your iPhone 6 screen, you should be allowed to review as many times as you want. In case of any disagreement or hesitation, your fee should be refundable.
Screen replacement service is provided in a shorter time and cheaper than authorized services. If there is a problem with the device case, it may be necessary to replace the device. For this reason, sometimes changing the device seems to be the most logical option for expensive models.
Unlike other companies, Apple offers a second option to the broken screen event. Because the price of a broken screen or glass is too expensive, Apple is approaching customers a little more relaxing inside. Those who are experiencing this problem may request replacement devices from Apple Stores. However, if you’re wondering how to replace iPhone 6 screen by being practical about technical solutions. You can apply for screen replacement by going to the nearest The Fix phone repair.
How to Replace iPhone 6 Screen
iPhone 6 is a pretty costly phone and can cost a lot if its screen needs to be replaced. If the screen of your iPhone goes out of order and you require iPhone 6 screen replacement, then it can cost you a lot. If you are also looking for how to replace iPhone 6 screen by yourself, then today’s article is for you. Knowing how to replace iPhone 6 screen can help you a lot in saving money while ensuring trustworthy screen replacement.
We are presenting you with the ultimate guide on how to replace iPhone 6 screen all by yourself. Simply follow the steps below:
How to Replace iPhone 6 Screen
- Switch off your iPhone and remove the two 3.4 mm screws from the bottom edge of the iPhone.
- If the display glass is broken, then apply tape over it to prevent further breakage and bodily harm during your repair.
- Apply medium heat with the help of a hair dryer to the bottom edge of the iPhone. This applied heat softens the adhesive that holds the display in place and makes removing it easier.
- Put on a suction cup on the bottom left corner of the display assembly while taking care not to place it over the home button.
- Apply firm and constant pressure to pull the suction cup and create a small gap between the front panel and the rear case. Use just enough force to create a slight gap as pulling too hard may damage the components.
- Insert the flat edge of a spudger in the gap created and try to pry open the device.
- If required, then twist and turn the spudger to increase the gap between the front panel and the back part of the iPhone.
- Again insert the spudger in the opposite side and slide to remove the adhesive and pop open the clips.
- Pull the suction cup to lift up and open the display, removing the last of the joints. But be careful not to open the display more than 90° as the connections may break if stretched too much.
- Open up all the connections from the display to the logic board to free the broken screen from the rest of the phone.
- Remove the digitizer cable by lifting and pulling it straight up from its connecting socket on the logic board of your iPhone.
- Then open up the screws on the home button assembly and open it. Be careful not to mix up the different screws.
- Then remove the old screen from the device and install a new screen in its place. Connect the home button and the digitizer cable.
- Then follow the steps in reverse to reassemble your iPhone.
Now you know how to replace iPhone 6 screen on your own. If at any point you feel that you need some professional assistance, feel free to come to The FIX to get your iPhone 6 screen replaced by the most qualified experts at highly affordable prices. You will be highly satisfied by our services.