How to factory reset HP laptop
HP is the most trusted brand in the world of laptops. With its dependable and long lasting technology and excellent customer support, HP has carved a neat niche for itself in the worldwide market as the leading laptop manufacturer. But there will certainly be some instances when your HP laptop’s software malfunctions and you need to troubleshoot it. Today we will be telling you about how to factory reset HP laptop. A lot of our customers get trouble with their issue and always ask us for tips on how to factory reset HP laptop.
So, today our team of experts at The FIX has compiled the simplest and the most efficient ways to factory reset a HP laptop. If you too own an HP laptop and want to troubleshoot issues or maybe change its ownership then you should know how to factory reset HP laptop.
In this guide, we are going to explain how to factory reset HP laptop so that your problems no longer persist. This easy to apprehend and follow guide will give you clear instructions regarding how to factory reset HP laptop. Follow this guide to factory reset your HP laptop in easy steps.
How to factory reset HP laptop – Factory reset HP laptop with CD disc
When you buy a HP laptop, it comes with a CD disc which you can use to reinstall/repair system, or do a factory reset on your HP laptop. This CD contains the required program to factory reset your HP laptop. You can easily factory reset HP laptop with the help of this CD. If you wish to factory reset your HP laptop using the CD provided, follow the steps given below.
- Insert the CD into your laptop’s optical drive, and make your laptop to boot from the CD drive.
- When the system goes to the installation screen, click on Next, and then select “Repair your computer”.
- Next, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Reset this PC”.
- Then there will be two options to choose from: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything”.
If you want to retain your personal files, select “Keep my files”.
If you want to remove everything including your personal files, select “Remove everything”.
- Select the system Windows 10.
- If you have selected the “Keep my files” option, click on “Reset” button, and then resetting process will start.
- If you have selected “Remove everything” option, then you will need to select which drive to clean up. You can choose between “Only the drive where Windows is installed”, or “All drives”.
- Again after selecting the drives, there will be two options to choose from:
- If you wish to keep your HP laptop for your personal use, select “Just remove my files”, and then click on Reset to restart the computer and begin resetting process.
- If you need to exchange or change the ownership of your laptop, select “Full clean the drive”.
Wait for the factory reset process to complete. Your laptop will restart several times and then your factory reset is complete. Your HP laptop will be reset to the factory settings by removing any changes made to them.
How to factory reset HP laptop – Reset HP laptop to factory default settings with HP Recovery Manager
This is an alternate route for factory resetting your HP laptop. If you don’t have the factory reset CD, then you can opt for this route. Also, if you cannot access your laptop and cannot boot and log into your HP laptop normally, then you also have the option to reset your laptop using the HP Recovery Manager. To factory reset your HP laptop, follow the steps given below for details.
- Shut down your laptop.
- Disconnect all the other external devices and cables apart from the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. Disconnect any personal media drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Switch on your HP laptop, and press “F11” key on the boot screen repeatedly, until the Choose an option screen appears.
- On that screen, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- After that click on “Recovery Manager” to launch HP Recovery Manager.
- Select “System Recovery”.
- If you need to backup your files, then follow the on-screen instructions to back up your files.
- After the backup process is completed, click on Next to go on and reset your HP laptop to factory settings.
How to factory reset HP laptop
Your HP laptop factory reset will be completed and you will successfully revert all the user generated changes to the original default settings. This will make it very convenient when you wish to change the ownership of your laptop.
These were the few steps which you can take for how to factory reset HP laptop. Your HP laptop will be reset to factory settings after successful completion of the above steps. You will be able to factory reset your HP laptop without any hassle or trouble.
The FIX for best HP laptop Repair Services
If you find it too difficult to understand the above mentioned steps for How to factory reset HP laptop, then you can visit us at your nearest The FIX store. All your problems will be taken care of by the experienced experts at The FIX and you will be provided with the best solutions for How to factory reset HP laptop in the fastest time. Bring in all your tech related issues to us and we will give you the best assistance possible. Come visit us today and get your tech items renewed.