How to factory reset HP laptop
HP is the most trusted brand in the world of laptops. With its dependable and long lasting technology and excellent customer support, HP has carved a neat niche for itself in the worldwide market as the leading laptop manufacturer. But there will certainly be some instances when your HP laptop’s software malfunctions and you need to troubleshoot it. If you too own an HP laptop and want to troubleshoot issues or maybe change its ownership then you should know how to factory reset a HP laptop.
In this guide, we are going to explain how to factory reset a HP laptop so that your problems no longer persist. Follow this guide to factory reset your laptop in easy steps.
Factory reset HP laptop with CD disc
When you buy a HP laptop, it comes with a CD disc which you can use to reinstall/repair system, or do a factory reset on your HP laptop. If you wish to factory reset your HP laptop using the CD provided, follow the steps given below.
- Insert the CD into your laptop’s optical drive, and make your laptop to boot from the CD drive.
- When the system goes to the installation screen, click on Next, and then select “Repair your computer”.
- Next, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Reset this PC”.
- Then there will be two options to choose from: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything”
If you want to retain your personal files, select “Keep my files”.
If want to remove everything including your personal files, select “Remove everything”.
- Select the system Windows 10.
- If you have selected the “Keep my files” option, click on “Reset” button, and then resetting process will start.
- If you have selected “Remove everything” option, then you will need to select which drive to clean up. You can choose between “Only the drive where Windows is installed”, or “All drives”.
- Again after selecting the drives, there will be two options to choose from:
If you wish to keep your HP laptop for your personal use, select “Just remove my files”, and then click on Reset to restart the computer and begin resetting process.
If you need to exchange or change the ownership of your laptop, select “Full clean the drive”.
- Wait for the factory reset process to complete. Your laptop will restart several times and then your factory reset is complete.
How to factory reset HP laptop
-Reset HP laptop to factory default settings with HP Recovery Manager
If you cannot access your laptop and cannot boot and log into your HP laptop normally, then you also have the option to reset your laptop using the HP Recovery Manager. Follow the steps given below for details.
- Shut down your laptop.
- Disconnect all the other external devices and cables apart from the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. Disconnect any personal media drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Switch on your HP laptop, and press “F11” key on the boot screen repeatedly, until the Choose an option screen appears.
- On that screen, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- After that click on “Recovery Manager” to launch HP Recovery Manager.
- Select “System Recovery”.
- If you need to backup your files, then follow the on-screen instructions to back up your files.
- After the backup process is completed, click on Next to go on and reset your HP laptop to factory settings.
Your HP laptop will be reset to factory settings after successful completion of the above steps. If you find it too difficult to understand how to factory reset HP laptop, then go to your nearest The FIX store. All your problems will be taken care of by the experienced experts at The FIX and you will be provided with the best solutions for how to factory reset HP laptop in the fastest time.