Asus Laptop Battery not Charging
The battery is the most vital part of a laptop. It is the powerhouse of the laptop giving the power to entire components of the system. Failing of the battery leads to the shutting down of the entire system and results in failure to perform any kind of operations on your system. Millions of Asus laptop owners around the globe face the infuriating situation of Asus laptop battery not charging. If you too own an Asus laptop then the problem of Asus laptop battery not charging can be a real headache for you. But worry not, The FIX is here with this guide describing how to tackle this problem.
Remove and reinsert the battery
If you are having an issue with your Asus laptop and its battery is not charging, then you should try the following steps:
- Switch on your Asus laptop with the battery inserted and the AC adapter plugged in
- Locate and open Power Options in Windows
- Switch off the laptop
- Take out the laptop’s battery
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then insert the battery back inside the laptop.
- This is supposed to make the laptop’s power hardware recognize the battery again, and its status should now appear as “Battery charging” from the Power Options.
Asus Laptop Battery Showing “Plugged in, not charging
At times it so happens that the battery is recognized but the battery status is displayed only as “Plugged in, not charging”. To solve this issue, follow the steps given below:
- Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop.
- Shut down the Asus laptop
- Remove the battery
- Plug in AC Adapter and switch on the laptop.
Asus laptop battery not charging
Now we need to Remove Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. To do so:
- Click on START then navigate to > Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Admin PC > Hardware
- Once you are there, select Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
- Click on Properties > Change Settings > Driver > Uninstall > OK
- Your battery driver will be uninstalled
- Now shutdown the laptop
- Remove the AC Adapter
- Reinsert the battery
- Plug in AC Adapter and then switch on the laptop and let Windows to boot
- The battery status should now be displayed as, “Plugged in and charging”
Try updating the system BIOS
If you have the problem of Asus laptop battery not charging, then the problem may be with the system’s BIOS. An update will fix it and allow the laptop to recognize and fully charge the laptop battery. By default, the software in your computer is set up to read only an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) battery. If you have recently replaced your battery and your laptop’s BIOS has not been updated, and you have previously only used OEM batteries in your laptop, then the BIOS can cause the new replacement battery to not communicate correctly with the software of your system.
To update the BIOS, check Asus’ website for any possible system BIOS upgrades for your laptop model. After completing the BIOS upgrade, it is advised to recharge your laptop battery for 12 hours and then continue to use as normal.
These steps can be taken to solve your problem of Asus laptop battery not charging. If these methods did not work for you then you should directly come over to your nearest The FIX store with your Asus laptop to seek professional assistance for your Asus laptop battery not charging issue. The expert technicians at The FIX will be more than happy to help you out and eradicate your problems.